Wednesday 19 November 2014

FFS

Santa is probably not going to be bringing me too many pressies because I’ve been so naughty and not updated my blog since MAY!?!?! – have you missed me? 

It might be a little bit too early to be talking about Christmas but since the shops are playing their favourite festive tunes I’m jumping on the Coca Cola wagon and putting in my two pennith – haha I’m not entirely sure how to spell that word, anyway I digress. 

Christmas is a time when we are thankful, we show the people we love that we are grateful to have them in our lives and buy them “well thought out” gifts. HOWEVER, this rarely happens when you have a list as long as my right leg (its longer than my left by like ¼  inch – in fairness my left is a good length too) of people you have to buy for, so I’ve put together some handy little tips to help you get through the FFS (nooo not that FFS. Financial Festive Stress!!) 



· Calculate your budget – haha not really how boring is that?? – To be fair if you are anything like me you know what’s a reasonable amount to spend on each individual. Obviously you take into account how much you like the person too – duh! And if they bought you something shit last year, give it back to them ha not really. 

· Consider not having Christmas – WHATTT??? Are you crazy? – What else will you do on Christmas day? Nothings bloody open so don’t ban Christmas, that’s just bonkers!

· The Children only rule – this is mainly for friends with families, although I am getting to that point now where friends are having kids and erm I’m not so I DO NOT AGREE with this rule! However if it works for you, get yourselves to the Disney store at once! 

· If, like me, your friends are not “a group” as in they don’t all know each other - Secret Santa isn’t really an option. Do the £10 challenge. Buy what you can for £10 this can turn out to be quite amusing but also it’s a great way to give someone a gift without breaking the ACTUAL bank. 

· Get crafty! – are you creative? Can you knit or sew? This year I’m making one of my friends a handmade present, obviously I can’t divulge details but think about useful things that are easy to make like, purses, phone covers, ipad covers, make up bags etc. It’s fairly simple to sew a pouch and you can make it personal! Aww lovely!

· If you are buying for kids, don’t bother buying them clothes unless its an Elsa outfit or something THEY will be excited about, how many people remember getting a t-shirt with a bow on when they were 4? NONE! – don’t bother! It’s a waste of money and it doesn’t last because they grow so fast! 

· AVOID THE BHS TATT – I know it’s the easy option but I don’t know anyone who actually WANTS a giant bucket with marmite written on it filled with marmite. If your friend likes Marmite, just buy them some marmite from the supermarket and put a bow on it and write them a nice card, it saves you money and your friend will thank you for not giving them a stupid bucket that will end up in the garage filled with some other shit they got for Christmas for the next year.

· Groupon – really good for things like “Swarovski elements” earrings or sets of bracelets necklaces and earrings. These are great for friends, if you buy a set you can split it up, give one friend the necklace, one the bracelet and keep the earrings for yourself (Spoil yourself too haha!!)  No one with any taste will want to wear all three at once anyway!

· Vouchers – Use the vouchers you get, Boots always have vouchers for No7! Around about November, so now, you will find that there are sales and vouchers available all over the place so get savvy, look online on free voucher websites and keep an eye out on your email for online sales! 


· Worst case scenario – start a phase out around August, then you don’t have to buy much at all! – Jokes! Don’t really! 

So there you go 10 tips for getting through the FFS!!  

As the Italians would say Buon Natale – too soon? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment