Tuesday 31 July 2012

Friendship

What is friendship? according to aristotle "Friendship is a single soul, dwelling in two bodies" Ok, so I wouldnt say ALL friendships are this way but im sure that the majority of people have one or two friends who can finish their sentences and know exactly what they are thinking.

I often re-evaluate friendships, not because i'm untrusting, but just because I dont always agree that "friends for life" is possible. I choose to be friends with people because of the people they are and the fact that we have a mutual respect for one another.

During my twenties i've definitely learned that having really good quality friendships takes effort. I dont agree that you shouldnt have to make an effort with your friends. I believe that if you want to spend time with someone you should pick up the phone or knock on their door, like we did as kids!

I dont believe in holding onto friendships because you have memories, I believe that friendships, like people, can change, whether it means seeing someone more, or maybe not seeing them as much.
 My friendships with my close friends change all of the time, im at that age where they are getting married and having children, I may not be quite ready for that yet, but, friendships that are worth keeping are friendships worth adapting and I think that embracing the change is the key to friendship longevity.

I invest alot of time into people that enrich my life and add something to my journey, I enjoy meeting new people and finding common grounds which develop into brilliant friendships.
"A new friend is like new wine; you do not enjoy drinking it until it has matured" —Ben Sira

In a couple of days i'm moving into a new house with 3 complete strangers, and the thing im most excited about is creating some new friendships and finding that common ground with each of them as individuals and seeing how we are going to work as a team. I'm sure i'll keep you updated on that little journey but for now I will leave you to ponder on what friendship means to you :)


*The photos are just a collection of some of my favourite people :)


No comments:

Post a Comment