Monday 30 July 2012

Trips to the seaside

I really cant remember my first trip to the seaside and I very much doubt our little friend Maisie will remember her first trip to blackpool yesterday but she giggled alot so im assuming that she enjoyed it! The day was filled with sugary treats and of course the obligatory portion of chips loaded with salt and vinegar accompanied by a long walk along the seafront and the piers, to take in the sea air.

I loved little holidays by the sea when I was a kid and when I visit places now, I wonder whether children still get the same simple pleasures from tuppeny nudgers and sandcastles as I did, and to an extent I still do!



After a spontatneous trip to Blackpool yesterday it's left me wondering whether these seaside resorts have had their day and whether, what used to be a family holiday spot, is now, just a cheap and fun place for tacky stag and hen dos?

I love the nostalgia but I doubt you'd catch me booking a week away on the north west coast any time soon!

Lovely day out though, a great spot for people watching! :-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment