Tuesday 31 July 2012

Tuesday, Shoes Day

I had a conversation with someone at work today about shoes and I mentioned that when I was little one of my favourite things was getting new school shoes at the beginning of term. I loved shoes so much that I even sabotaged a pair id only had for a few weeks so I could get a new pair because I decided that I didnt like them any more! I wonder if my mum knows that?

I think my shoe obsession is in my genes, both my grandmas worked in shoe shops when they were young ladies and I have a very distant relative (according to my family tree) who was a shoe maker so I really cant help the fact that I LOVE SHOES!

I love heals but you with very rarely see me wearing them since im already pretty tall and I dont like feeling like a giant, I just think that sometimes heals are just to pretty and painful to wear.

When I was 13 I saw a pair of shoes in a shop called "Shoe City" looking back now they were hideous, they were blue trainers with a massive rubber wedge on them and the logo of the shoe make looked like a sperm/tadpole but everytime I went to the mall I would head to shoe city and try them on until my parents came and found me and told me to put them back and stop running off!!
I eventually got the shoes after much persistance (my dads a right push over) and wore them for about a year with EVERYTHING even if they didnt match, I was obsessed!! Recently i've been on the hunt for some black smart flats I can wear for work but ive become pretty picky and I just havent found that pair that i've fallen in love with yet! (Anyone would think I was buying a house, I am fully aware they are JUST shoes!)

Here are some of my favourite sites to shoe shop on, some are far too expensive and I would never buy them but I love to browse anyway!!

www.frenchsole.com
www.tods.com
www.office.co.uk
www.dune.co.uk
www.kurtgeiger.com
www.asos.co.uk

Also check out the blog "sea of shoes" its one of my faves!



French Sole India Patent Ballet pumps

Kurt Geiger Matilda Orange sandals












No comments:

Post a Comment