Wednesday 1 August 2012

Jamies Italian

Jamie Oliver has recently opened a "Jamies Italian" in York and since I have a few days off, my friend Jodie, her daughter Maisie and I decided to be ladies that lunch and go along to sample the delights.

The menu is brilliant it took me ages to decide what to have which is rare for me so as i perused the menu and tried to decide what to sample our waitress came over and took our drinks order. We both ordered Bellinis which reminded me of a holiday we went on a few years ago to Venice but these bellinis were a bit posher than the ones we had in tumblers in the Jazz bar!!


 We ordered an italian bread basket which was delicious and was served with an olive oil from Puglia (Southern Italy) and a balsamic vinegar.

Jodie had Black squid ink pasta, scallops, anchovies, capers and other fishy delights, whilst i went for the prawn linguine with tomato, chilli and fennel. (anyone reading this who knows my food tastes will be shocked I ate anything with chilli in it!, i did have to ask for extra water!) Maisie opted for a rattle and a wooden spoon!



The service was really good, and they accomodated us really well so overall we were quite impressed with our lunch. We didnt feel rushed and we quite happily stayed for a couple of hours having a good old natter as you do!

I did have a look at the dessert menu but the pasta and bread had filled me up so I opted out, although the next time i go i'll be ordering a smaller pasta and getting he raspeberry and prosecco jelly with vanilla icecream! They also had a panacotta which looked pretty good too!



I really liked the decor of the place, it had lots of wooden panels and it felt quite cosy, there is also an outside seating area with some really lovely bright green garden chairs! (two of my favourite things, the colour green and chairs!!) I've seen them on the www.made.com website they are called legend cafe chairs and they are £109 for two and you can get them in lots of different colours.






So overall a successful little afternoon, I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment