Sunday 12 August 2012

Cooking!

Don't we all just LOVE dinner parties? I don't know anyone who doesn't like "Come Dine With Me"

I love to cook for people, and as sad as it sounds, If someone cooks for me in my kitchen, I feel a bit territorial! In my head im saying "Id probably have done that differently" or "im not sure about that amount of salt" I cant help it, so if someone else is cooking, its best for me to go and watch TV!

I guess I like it when people enjoy the food ive prepared, and I love to do nice things for people and I believe that being nice is contageous.

In a few weeks im planning a dinner party for some friends, I think I may have been a bit ambitious and thought id be ok to cook for 6/7 people, now im panicking and wondering what I can cook that they will all like. Im not a fan of pasta or rice, ill eat it but its not my fave but i guess something along those lines would be a good option. I make a delicious vegetable lasagne which is a possibility, but I feel like its a cop out because its easy! As im writing this ive started to realise ITS JUST A MEAL!

Anyway, I think I might just do a buffet, that way its no pressure and everyone can pick what they want!

Have I just taken the easy way out?

I have invited one of my good friends over for dinner and wine tomorrow (winebreath) and ive been having a look at recipes for something different to make. I could just do something ive done before, but this fella is no stranger to my culinary delights because Ive cooked for him alot so something new needs to come out of the bag. Im no one trick pony!

I shall let you know what I decide and I might even share a recipe or two.

Have a lovely sunday x



No comments:

Post a Comment