Wednesday 8 August 2012

Winebreath

I cant remember how this phrase came about but its definitely one of my favourites! I have a couple of friends who are no strangers to winebreath. It's mainly used to describe "getting drunk on wine" used in a sentance "do you have winebreath?"

I really enjoy wine, red mainly and italian is probably my favourite but ill pretty much try anything

Montepulciano D'abruzzo is most definitely up there in my top 3
It comes from the Montepulciano grape which is grown in the Abruzzo region of Italy! (simple!) Its often consumed when its young rather than being the type that is better left for years! (perfect for the impatient) Its not an expensive wine either but its "got good legs" (to quote my partner in wine, Cal) cherry flavours and is rich and smooth. It accompanies cheese or homemade chocolate truffles very well!
You could pick up a bottle in the supermarket for about £4.99! Cheaper than Echo falls!

I used to be a Rose fan and more recently ive slipped back into my old ways whilst the sun has been out! It also doesnt give you the heavy head the next morning! I think my favourite Rose is a Pinot Grigio Blush, quite light in colour hence the name "blush" and delicate in flavour. Its made from mainly white grapes and originates from Venice. (if you havent already guessed, im a fan of Italy!) A fruity flavour consisting of peaches, apricots and strawberries, yum!

I dont drink white wine anymore, so I dont have a favourite. I dont like the taste, but im willing to try some if anyone has any good suggestions that might change my mind :)

I once went winetasting in South Africa but I was only 18 and preferred to drink smirnoff ice so I didnt really appreciate it but I would love to do a wine tasting day now and im sure i'd appreciate it much more.

http://www.yorkshirewineschool.com/ courses start from £22.50 (cheaper than a night out!) could be a fun day out with friends or something romantic to do with a partner

http://holmfirthvineyard.com/

All this talk of wine is making me want some!




No comments:

Post a Comment