Sunday 5 August 2012

Hebden Bridge and a spontaneous visit to a vintage car rally

Ive spent this weekend in Halifax, not really a place id choose to go for a weekend but its where my family is from so since it was my aunty Joyce's 75th birthday we decided to get booked into a hotel "The Hobbit" and make a weekend of it. First of all NEVER book to stay there, the room was foisty and dirty, the cold tap was boiling hot and the shower pressure was like washing in a well with a thimble. Dont even get me started on the plastic sausages we had for breakfast!

Anyway, we decided to go to my aunty joyces this morning to pick up somethings we had forgotten to pick up last night and my aunty yvonne mentioned that there was a vintage car rally at Hebden Bridge (i love vintage car rally's! My fave cars are old VW beetles and citroen 2CVs)

Having not been to Hebden Bridge since I was little I was really surprised at how nice it was! Lots of quirky little shops and it has a bit of a hippy vibe! A particular fave was when i saw a pub called "the hole in't wall" Amazing, I chuckled! There was also lots of lovely shops, pubs and bars and the market was on too!

I remember walking along the canal when i was little and complaining that everyone was walking too fast and that i "only had little legs" unfortunately all 5'10 of me cant use that excuse anymore so we had a little wander on down to the vintage car rally and admired how well kept some of the vehicles are!

I had a collection of toy cars when i was younger and one of my favourites had a bonnet that opened so you could see the engine, but not like you would see on modern cars the bonnet was an old fashioned style so you could lift both sides of it up (im not sure im explaining this very well) but there were real cars there like my favourite toy car!

There were also a number of vespas, motorbikes and scooters which were all kept in really good condition too!

I took a few photos so I hope you enjoy them :) i also saw a very cute pink figaro but not at the rally just parked up in hebden bridge! Very cool

If anyone reading this is a fan of vintage cars have a look at these websites for more info on rallys near you in the UK

www.classicshowsuk.co.uk
www.markwoodwardclassicevents.com








No comments:

Post a Comment